So many of us are flying through our days, seemingly without the time to stop and reconnect. We think we need an hour, or total quiet, or be alone in order to do it "right", so we don't even do it at all. While I've found that having longer meditation experiences are quite helpful to create cellular memory, we can reconnect in just a single moment. So here are a few ways to remember ourselves:
1. Lie on the floor and breathe. Feel the breath going in and out, stretch your arms out beside you so your heart can really open, and just be.
2. Open the bottoms of your feet and connect to the earth energy underneath you. Feel it's energy moving up into you on the in-breath, and allow any energy you need to let go of to fall on the out-breath.
3. Relax your lower belly. Even more. Even more that that. Find the places that can't quite let go and breath into them.
4. Visualize your heart and all the cells in your body communicating. Feel the energy moving. Feel the ache of your heart when you put your attention on it. Appreciate all it tells you.
5. Take 5 really deep breaths. Focus on the air going in. Focus on the air going out.
6. Sit or walk on the earth. Bring all your awareness to how it feels to communicate with the earth.
These are just a few, but anything that can remind you to breathe, get present, and be in your body will help. It's better then Facebook (pinkie swear!).